On Wednesdays I spend my time looking for a digital buffet of gaming goodies – I post them here on the Humpday Bump.
Today’s bump features a really impressive and well edited Rube Goldberg machine showing the changes in Minecraft’s most recent patch. Take a look after the jump.
- One of my blogging colleagues, Rian, posted a pretty robust rundown of the changes to Minecraft in its 1.2 update. This video made by “The Minecraft Hermit,” GeneriKB, shows the most critical of these changes in the form of a giant Rube Goldberg machine. I would love to do things like this, but I don’t think I could figure out how to do it before Minecraft 2 comes out.
- This comic pretty much explains how I feel about Star Wars: The Old Republic. It includes all their weird patch changes, excessive banning policy, and the mystery of the vanishing unsub button. Bonus points for the successful execution of an occupy Bioware fantasy. – Thanks Reddit!
- Another great interview from The PA Report, this time it’s with Tim Schafer who’s using his renewed popularity to kick some old school knowledge, specifically about Psychonauts and how difficult it was to make a platformer for the first time. There are also some tidbits into how the game’s protagonist, Raz, was created.
- There was another one of those GDC “rants” yesterday. This one featured 10 indie developers, each one giving a piece of “passionate advice.” Most of them come from personal experiences and include a few interesting stories as well. These are usually the places to look and see if one of your favorite developers had a gaffe.
- Last but not least, DICE CEO, Karl-Magnus Troedsson (props for the incredibly awesome name!) announced that Battlefield 3 will soon be seeing customizable servers on the console. So if you’ve ever wanted the PC experience of playing Battlefield with unlimited ammunition or without dying, well now you can. Source: Joystiq