On Wednesdays I spend my time looking for a digital buffet of gaming goodies – I post them here on the Humpday Bump.
Today’s bump is unique as i’m showcasing a studio rather than a game. Ever wanted to know what the inside of Valve looked like? Thanks to Penny Arcade you can take a look and see for yourselves…
- Penny Arcade did a really great interview with Valve’s Gabe Newell. He has some interesting thoughts about where he thinks the gaming… industry… wait, wait, is that? Holy Crap! Is that what the inside of Valve looks like? How am I supposed to read this interview and not daydream about working in an office with awesome red steam valves all over the place.
- Mass Effect 3’s epic new, extended trailer is out and boy does it look expensive. Did I say expensive? I meant to say really expensive. It looks like a new Hollywood blockbuster is coming out. My mother saw the trailer and wants to know why she can’t find the first two on Netflix. Did this trailer convince anyone to buy the game? If you played the first two you are probably aware the third is coming out, and if you haven’t then you probably already made the decision that you don’t care.
- Gamasutra is reporting about the decline of game sales in the UK and now everyone seems to be freaking out about the industry and market trends and yadda yadda yadda. Wait, whats that in the distance? Is that a slowly dying European economy? I wonder if that has something to do with it?
- Shhhh quiet, quiet – it’s another dubstep trailer, this one’s for Borderlands 2. Maybe if we just close the blinds and pretend we’re not home it will just move past us. – Joystiq
- The SOPA guy is back. This time he is drafting legislation that is even more big brothery… brotherier… brotherer. I don’t know, it’s big and bad.
- Pulling up the rear tonight is a fan-made Skyrim video, the third in a series by the Grosjean Brothers. You should really go and watch the first two here and here, but so far the third has way more pretending-to-use-magic-in-real-life situations.