EA is under fire recently after reports from Norwegian video game media outlets sites received a semi-straight forward survey trying to show how they like past Battlefield games. This wouldn’t have been such an issue, if it wasn’t so they would only send the review copies of the game to outlets they felt would be “favorable” to the game and give it a high rating.
The survey questions are after the break.
Questions by EA Norway to media outlets:
- Did the reviewer personally review BFBC2 or Black Ops?
- What score did he give it?
- What is his past experience with Battlefield?
- Is he a fan of Battlefield?
- Is he a fan of Call of Duty?
- Has he been playing BF Franchise? BFBC2? 1943? BF2?
- Has he expressed enthusiasm or concern for BF3? What are they?
- Did he play the beta? Did he enjoy it / get frustrated with it?
- What is his present view on the game?
Electronic Arts has acknowledged this and apologized for the terrible survey and simply burshed it off as a “mistake” caused by “human error.” I’m glad it wasn’t robotic error as who knows what would have happened.. could mean the robots have taken over, luckily for the human race Terminator hasn’t started.
“Whoops! I just wrote a biased survey and mailed it out! Whoops! I just accidentally some biased reviewers! Whoops! I just ruined the credibility of a company because they gave 10/10 to a piece of shit!”