Tokyo Game Show, one of the largest video game expo’s in Japan, was held today. At 6:30 pm (their time) Microsoft took the stage and spoke of what surprises were in store in the near future. We here at IGX have compiled a list of some of the key information we have learned from this event:
– Japanese publishers were the fastest to recognize the sales potential of Xbox LIVE. EX: Marvel Vs. Capcom
– According to their data, five of the top six best-selling Xbox LIVE Arcade games published by their partners have come from Japan.
– Halo Reach generated a record-setting $200 million in day one sales, more than any game, any movie or entertainment launch in 2010.
– For the third month in a row, Xbox 360 is the #1 selling console in North America.
– Xbox 360 is currently the #1 selling console across Europe as well.
– 5 brand new creative partnerships between Japanese creators & Microsoft Game Studios to develop games exclusively
– Treasure studios is coming to Xbox 360
– Radiant Silvergun is coming to Xbox 360
– Futatsugi-san (developed Phantom Dust) is working on a Kinect title ‘ProjectDraco’
– Matsuura-san is talking about his new Kinect project, the game is called Haunt and it’s a horror game for Kinect
– Body and Brain Connection is coming to Kinect
– Steel Battalion Heavy Armor is coming to Kinect
Some pretty exciting stuff there. What are you guys most excited about? Lemme know!
I would say I am most excited for the death of Wii look a likes…. and the Wii… um…. for now I am looking forward to Dead Rising 2, Fable 3, Black Ops (I love Treyarch), BFBC2 Vietnam, Medal Of Honour, Assassin’s Creed Brotherhood and the new Driver game, although atm the moment all of this is overshadowed by me playing the hell out of Reach on 4 player Legendary with great friends and great tunes 😛