It’s mid-May, and while it’s not the biggest month for blockbuster titles, “The Big 3” are doing everything they can to ensure you have plenty of games to play during the spring semi-drought. Of course, the best part is that you won’t have to pay full price for any of the games or add-ons they’re offering. You came here to see some deals, so let’s jump right in.
Xbox Live Deal of the Week: Battlefield 3
- Battlefield 3: Aftermath License Key– 600 Microsoft Points (50% off)
- Battlefield 3: Armored Kill License Key– 600 Microsoft Points (50% off)
- Battlefield 3: Back to Karkand– 600 Microsoft Points (50% off)
- Battlefield 3: Close Quarters– 600 Microsoft Points (50% off)
- Battlefield 3: End Game License Key– 600 Microsoft Points (50% off)
- Battlefield 3: Premium– 2800 Microsoft Points (30% off)
Xbox Live Sales & Specials
- Gems Sale– 160 Microsoft Points (33% off)
- Kinect Central: Rhythm Party– 320 Microsoft Points (60% off)
New to Games on Demand: May 14
- Lego Lord of the Rings
- Samurai Warriors 2 Empires
Coming to Xbox Live
- Borderlands 2 Psycho Pack (Krieg the Psycho Bandit Character DLC)- 800 Microsoft Points
- Sanctum 2– 1200 Microsoft Points
- Hunters Trophy America– 800 Microsoft Points
PS+ Free Game of the Week
- Knytt Undergroud (PS3/PS Vita w/ Cross Buy Enabled)
Game synopsis: With an array of thrilling quests, unique zen-like gameplay and plenty of dynamic characters to meet and guide you on your adventure– Knytt Underground delivers a captivating and unparalleled experience. Download today and begin your journey to ring the six bells of fate and save this vibrant and enchanted underground world before it’s too late.
PS+ Weekly Discount
- Grid 2 Pre-order (PS3)- $59.99 (PSN), $53.99 (PS+)
If you planned on picking up Grid 2 at release, Sony wants you to consider pre-ordering through the PSN store instead. Those who choose to do so will receive the full version of Grid 2 for 10% off. Game synopsis: Be fast, be first and be famous as you join the elite in ‘World Series Racing’ where the greatest cars, drivers and events come together in the search for a new motorsport icon. Find your limit, then go beyond it. Welcome back to racing.
- Metro: Last Light (PS3)- $59.99 (PSN), $47.99 (PS+)
PS+ is offering a 20% discount to anyone interested in purchasing the digital version of Metro: Last Light. Game synopsis: Beneath the ruins of post-apocalyptic Moscow, in the tunnels of the Metro, civil war rages for control of a doomsday device that threatens to erase humanity forever. As Artyom, burdened by guilt but driven by hope, you hold the key to survival – the last light in the darkest hour.
This Week in eShop
- Bowling Bonanza 3D– For both the casual and serious gamer, Bowling Bonanza boasts full 3D rigid body physics. Create any kind of shot by adjusting your stance, direction or ball spin; or for the more serious, position the ball and shape the shot as required.
- The Starship Damrey– Seek the inconcievable truth of the Starship Damrey and discover why nothing is more frightening than complete innocence.
What’s New on Wii U (Virtual Console)
Unfortunately, Nintendo isn’t updating the Virtual Console this week, so there’s nothing to report. Hopefully, they’ll start updating it more regularly, as one of the major pitfalls of the original Wii’s Virtual Console was a lack of consistent support. Considering a lack of software is one of the major issues plaguing to console at the moment, I certainly hope Nintendo puts some effort into at least offering some retro classics to sustain users during the drought of current-gen titles.
That’s going to wrap up this edition of Deals Roundup, but be on the lookout next week for another list of all the great discounts and downloads coming to a digital marketplace near you. As always, be sure to come back and let us know about any of the games or add-ons you take advantage of during the weekly sales. Oh, and don’t forget to like IGXPro on Facebook, follow us on Twitter, or give us the ‘ol +1 on Google+.