Did you lads and lasses cast your vote for this year’s inaugural Xbox Entertainment Awards?!? Yeah, me neither. Truth be told, even with the obnoxious ad flashing across my screen every time I booted up my 360, I completely forgot that this was even a thing. (Flawless Marketing Victory!) Well, in case you didn’t vote but were still curious about how things turned out, here’s the brief list of winners from the “event”.
- Best Game – Call of Duty: Black Ops 2
- Best Family Game – Kinect Sports Ultimate
- Best Xbox LIVE Arcade Game – Minecraft: Xbox 360 Edition
- Best Add On / Consumable – Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 – Season Pass
Category: TV & Movies-
- Best TV Series – The Walking Dead
- Best Movie – Ted
- Best Superhero Movie – Avengers Assemble
- Best Comedy – Ted
- Best Album – Lana Del Ray – ‘Born to Die’
- Best Single – Swedish House Mafia – ‘Don’t You Worry Child’
- Best Artist – Eminem
- Best Music Video – Psy – ‘Gangnam Sytle’
And… that’s all of it. I’ve been unable to get solid figures on the amount of votes that were cast, so there isn’t much more detail I can provide. I would like to point out that I feel very much in the minority looking at these results, as clearly the demographic that did vote is quite different from my own tastes. While I’m not one to critique movies, obviously I’m woefully unqualified to commentate on such artistic endeavors (/sarcasm, for those who couldn’t tell), I certainly didn’t feel that Ted was either the best movie or best comedy of this year. But to each their own, I guess. Clearly the Call of Duty crowd came out in full force to make sure their beloved shooter took home Best Game and DLC.
What do you folks make of these results? Are you shocked? Unsurprised? Entirely apathetic? Let us know in the comments below.