Attention UK gamers! Gadget Show Live has just announced a few of the companies that will have products on display for the upcoming event, and you can get your tickets for the show right here. If you haven’t heard about Gadget Show Live, here’s the deal: “Launched by Upper Street Events, North One and Channel 5 in 2009, The Gadget Show Live has quickly become the UK’s largest and most dynamic consumer electronics event.” It will be held at the National Exhibition Center in Birmingham from April 3-7.
As for the list of companies that will be in attendance, both Capcom and Epic Games will be on hand to show off some upcoming releases as well as host a number of events. Details have been provided courtesy of the Bastion Press Centre, and can be found below:
- Capcom, Epic Games, Game, Turtle Beach and Cooler Master are among the games companies already confirmed for this year’s event.
- Capcom is showcasing three brand new titles, all of which go on sale after Gadget Show Live: Remember Me, Resident Evil Revelations and Dragon’s Dogma: Dark Arisen. All three titles will be playable on PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360.
- Epic Games is returning to Gadget Show Live with its unmissable Make Something Unreal Live tournament. The four shortlisted teams of aspiring game developers will work live onstage throughout the show under the guidance of studio mentors and some very special games industry gurus. The overall winner will take home the full source Unreal Engine 4 license, which effectively sets the victorious team up as a commercial games development studio.
- In a first for Gadget Show Live, the UK’s leading specialist games retailer Game is offering a 10% discount to all visitors buying new games at the show.
- Gaming celebrities Ali-A and KSI, hosts of two of the world’s leading YouTube gaming channels, will be showing off their skills on the Game Stage. And eSports will be running an adrenaline-packed 16-team Counter Strike: Global Offensive tournament with a fantastic £10,000 cash prize up for grabs. Featuring the top teams from across Europe, the tournament will take place on 5-7 April. eSports will also be hosting single-day turn-up and play tournaments for visitors.
- Visitors can also take part in casual or hardcore single and multiplayer gaming challenges on the Game Stage in the Game Zone, as well as enjoy the ever popular free to play Retro Arcade area.
- Battlefield Live is making its debut at Gadget Show Live, too, letting visitors take part in the most authentic combat experience short of joining the military with special adult and kids’ sessions running throughout the show.
- And Igloo is bringing its unique 360 degree gaming dome to Gadget Show Live giving visitors to the change to immerse themselves in a full 360 gaming experience. its unique technology complete with weapon tracking and high quality sound means Gadget Show Live visitors will experience gaming on a brand new and exciting platform.
Spencer Hidge, organizer for Gadget Show Live, gave a few statements about the event’s popular Game Zone. “With such a jam-packed [program] of gaming events, industry gurus, exclusive discounts, state of the art peripherals and brand new PC and console games to play, this year’s Game Zone is an unmissable opportunity for all gamers this Easter,” he said.
For a quick glimpse at some other events scheduled to take place, here is a short breakdown of what to expect from the show’s various “Zones”:
International Future Tech Zone: This is the place to discover amazing and inspirational inventions and academic thinking on how technology will impact our lives in the future, from solar powered cars to 360 degree video cameras!
Inventors Village: Don’t miss the chance to see quirky, creative and mind-blowing UK inventions with the potential to change the world and the way we see and enjoy it.
Hub Theatre: This is where visionaries will talk about the latest and best tech for 2013, their predictions for future trends and provide advice and demos on how visitors can get the most out of gadgets.
Photographic Zone: Gain insight into the latest cameras and photographic equipment on the market, with presentations for professional photographers looking to upgrade their equipment
Additionally, for the gadget lovers looking to attend the aptly-named event, there will be presentations of products relevant to you as well:
“More than 200 companies will be exhibiting at the event, including Microsoft, Acer, Freesat, Game, Epic Games, LG, Lenovo, Bowers and Wilkins, JVC and Pioneer. It is the place to see, touch and buy the very latest tech available, as well as get an exclusive first look at tons of gadgets that have never been seen in the UK before.”
“Visitors will find everything from gaming to guitars and smartphones to solar powered watches; from family friendly tablets to mind-blowing hi-fi and home cinema systems; from wireless iPhone speaker docks to the very latest camera and video technology.”
VIP tickets have already sold out and single-day passes for Saturday and Sunday are going fast, so if you’re considering attending, act fast.
Gadget Show Live has picked up a lot of steam the past couple years, and is turning into quite the consumer electronics show. It’s nice to see companies like Capcom bringing their upcoming titles so that UK gamers can have one more outlet to see what’s on the horizon. I’m especially interested in getting my hands on a playable demo of Remember Me. If you’ll recall, I included it in my list of the “Top 10 games that should be on your radar for 2013.” Combined with great on-site discounts on new game purchases and a variety of events and live tournaments, I encourage anyone who’s even remotely interested to go out and have a good time. The convention scene in Europe has been steadily growing for years now, in regards to both video games and comics, and with the American fan favorite Penny Arcade Expo looking to expand overseas as well, the next few years are going to be especially exciting for the UK-based gaming community.
Does anyone plan on attending Gadget Show Live this year? If so, are there any events or games in particular you’re looking forward to seeing? Let us know in the comments below.