You’re probably really sad because you bought Facebook stock when it first came out and now you can’t buy that new TV you always wanted. Well good news, you can get it for free. IGXPro and LG have teamed up to give away their 55″ LM7600 LED 3D TV as well as $500 dollars towards a viewing party.
Now, I know some of you are skeptical on the quality of 3D TVs, and quality is a giant priority to us, especially when it pertains to our viewers. So I took up a loan unit and used it for 30 days to get a feel of the TV in question, and to find out if it was even something you guys would like. I was quite impressed with the experience!
The TV also has the ability to turn any old 2D program into a 3D experience, something I played around with a bit but found it was very glitchy and random objects would pop-out for no reason or anything that was white would pop out all the time which I found annoying but perhaps something they could fix with a future update of the TV.
The LM7600 is a Smart TV and LG made sure to pack it full with all the apps you could ever need on it including the standard things such as Netflix and Youtube. But, then they went on to include NHL GameCenter, Karaoke, Facebook, an entire 3D World where you can view tons of free 3D content to really test out the TV, and for you fellow Koreans out there they have an entire K-Pop Zone. Of course, there are hundreds of more apps and features to the Smart TV such like video sharing from my computer to the TV seamlessly (which I guess connected to my Samsung Smart Share app some how) but it would take forever to explain all of them! Also, I’m not sure if it’s an issue with the demo unit we received or if it’s a normal issue with the TV but, occasionally the TV will forget your login details to Youtube/Netflix and also sometimes forget your internet settings. I hope that is an isolated issue but that is what we experienced.
You can also play games in dual play gaming mode. Meaning that the TV will split in the center and layer the top and bottom portion of the screen on top of eachother that without glasses you can’t see a thing. This means that while you’re playing with your friend, you won’t have to worry about them screen watching you as you are about to attack them. Unfortunately, the downside is that because the 3D glasses that they provide you with don’t have the correct lenses for this type of play, you have to play it with an eyepatch since you can see one of the layers through one eye and see the other layer through the other eye. This would easily be prevented with different 3D glasses that you will be able to purchase separately but we thought it was cooler to just have an eye patch and test our skills with only 1 eye gaming.
The other really cool thing about the TV is that they got rid of the traditional controller and have what is basically a Wii-mote for your remote. Unfortunately, although it’s neat to not have a traditional controller there is a reason there is a need for one and I think they should give you both. The reason I say that is because doing simple tasks such as choosing an input is no longer as easy as one button push but instead going through the home screen and then selecting input. Another disadvantage so this controller is that if you are sitting at your couch and don’t have a table or anything nearby and sit the controller beside you, any slight movement is going to make the giant arrow show up on your screen and if you’re on Netflix then it will also make the bars popup as well. However, despite the couple cons to the remote there are plus sides such as using all the apps and navigating around the full Smart TV home screen is done with a breeze.
Now that you know more about the TV and still like FREE things then scroll below the tech specs for all the rules of the contest!
- Cinema 3D – Comfortable 3D Glasses (6 Pairs Included), 3D Depth Control, 3D Sound
Zooming, 2D to 3D Conversion, Dual Play Gaming (requires Optional hardware/glasses), 3D Zone
- Smart TV – Premium Content Providers, Home Dashboard 2.0, Magic Remote, AppStore, 3D World (3D Content Streaming), Smart Share, WiDi, Skype Ready, Smart Phone Remote Support, Network File Browser & Wi-FiScreen Share
Picture Quality – Edge LED Plus, Micro Pixel Control, Full HD 1080p, Triple XD Engine, TruMotion 240Hz &Resolution Upscaler
- Design – Cinema Screen and Ribbon Stand
- Screen Size (Diagonal): 54.6-inches
- Resolution: 1920 x 1080p
- BLU Type: Edge LED Plus
- Frame Rate: TruMotion 240Hz
- Micro Pixel Control (Local Dimming): Yes
- Receiving System: ATSC/NTSC/Clear QAM (1 tuner)
- Aspect Control: 5 Modes (16:9/Just Scan/Original/4:3/Cinema Zoom 1)
- Audio: 1-way 2 Speakers, 10W + 10W
- 3D Features: FPR 3D Type, 3D to 2D & 2D to 3D Convert Source, 3D Depth Control & Viewpoint, 3D Sound Zooming, Dual Play Capable (AG-F3100DP optional glasses required)
- Smart Energy Saving: Backlight Control + Intelligent Sensor
- Camera: Ready
- Connectivity: Wi-Fi Built-in, WiFi Direct, Media Link, DLNA, WiDi, SIMPLINK (HDMI CEC), - Windows 7 Certified
- A/V Inputs/Outputs: 1 x RF In, 1 x AV In, 1 x Component In + Audio, 1 x Digital Audio Out - (Optical), 4 x HDMI/HDCP in, 1 x RGB (D-Sub PC), 3 x USB 2.0, LAN
- VESA Compatible: 400 mm x 400 mm
- Swivel (Right/Left): 10/10 degree
- Power: 100V – 240V, 50/60Hz
- Warranty: 1 Year Limited Parts & Labor
- Dimensions (WxHxD): 48.5″ x 31.3″ x 13.0″ with Stand / 48.5″ x 28.8″ x 1.3″ without Stand
- Weight: 55.1 lbs. with Stand / 47.0 lbs. without Stand
Overall, I enjoyed the 3D TV and it had to be one of the best 3D experiences I have had so far.
All you have to do is click this link to send out a tweet and leave a comment below saying what kind of viewing party you would throw if you are chosen as the winner of this contest(also include your twitter name so we can verify you did the above). For an extra entry , click here to like us and post a comment on Facebook saying you liked us! Entries must be submitted by June 29, 2012 11:59pm Eastern Time.
Full contest details can be found: http://www.thehuntfor3dcontent.com/igxpro.html
Winner must be 18 of age or older and a resident of the United States or Canada (excluding Quebec). Also note, LG is taking care of the shipment of the TV to you not IGXPro.
*contest is over. If you wish to buy the TV you can do so here
Miyamoto, why you gotta lie to us like that. (Sorry for the low quality pic, it's all I can find...