Humpday Bump: Ron Swanson Edition
Posted By: Dave Bast In: Gaming News, PC, Xbox 360 On: 20 Jun
On Wednesdays I spend my time looking for a digital buffet of gaming goodies – I post them here on the Humpday Bump.
This week’s bump features pretty much nothing more than an excuse for me to lead with a Ron Swanson picture. One of my favorite thing about being a gamer is being able to appreciate all of the fan made fiction and artwork that comes from combining passion and talent. The cosplays, mods, videos, and all sorts of other art projects are what make the game community what it is. So why not just add some Ron Swanson?
- Kotaku posted some work from a guy named Justin Russo who made a old fashioned NES Ron Swanson game for an art collection called 72 Pins. I’m sure Ron would be honored portrayed wielding an 8-bit machine gun which also utilized the Nintendo blaster. First he would most likely wonder what they were serving for dinner at the YeTee Gallery.
- If you’re a fan of the Resident Evil series, then check out these two videos which show-off about 20 minutes of gameplay from Capcom’s upcoming Resident Evil 6. By the looks of these videos it seems that the developers have decided to take a step back from all of the action, bringing back some of the horror/survival aspect of the game. It’s about time, the series should be about scavenging and surviving, not mowing down waves of enemies, that’s what Left 4 Dead is for.
- Oh goodie, another infographic, this time explaining the showdown between Google Play and Apple’s iOS when it comes to revenue. It’s called the Game of Phones, and it’s apply named breaking down the gaming tablet war happening all over the world. Worldwide iOS leads in revenue at 71% compared to Google Play’s 29%, but Google Play is still relatively new and still working at earning its market.
- Microsoft has also got some tricks up its sleeve, using Windows Phone 8 to lure game developers using some new features. This will allow developers to write code for the desktop version of Windows 8 which will be compatible in the mobile version of Windows 8. There’s probably more to it than that, but let’s just hope that the gaming company, Microsoft, can now compete with traditionally non-gaming companies like Apple in handheld markets.
- Finally, some more fan fiction, this time from YouTube users CorridorDigital. It features a kind of life-action trippy music video with a dog that has a thing for fake digital bones and real-life avatars wearing cardboard “diamond” armor. They’re mission of becoming real melon farmers drives the action in this funny and interesting video.
Tags: CorridorDigital, Google Play, ios, Minecraft fan fiction, Resident Evil 6, Ron Swanson 8 bit, Windows phone 8