Halo 4 is a little under 6 months away and already the fancy edition is announced and ready for pre-order. Though it’s not a Legendary edition which will likely feature some sort of plastic figurine, which I am sure will be announced closer to the actual launch.
The Limited edition is still pretty loaded with content, most of it digital and arguably not worth the extra $40. Though, I am sure plenty are excited for anything Halo and will gladly pay extra for the best of the best, so without further ado here is a breakdown of everything that’s included:
- Limited Edition Contents
- War Games Map Packs: The Limited Edition includes access to nine maps – three future competitive multiplayer map packs, each including three locations, available for download post-launch on Xbox LIVE.
- Specializations: Receive early access to six Specializations, available at launch on Xbox LIVE, and use them, one at a time, to achieve higher ranks in your Spartan career. In addition to gaining access to new ranks, Specializations unlock new customization options.
- The Special Edition of Halo 4: Forward Unto Dawn, a 90-minute extended version of the live-action digital series which will take fans back to the terrifying beginning of the Human/Covenant war, when the Master Chief inspired a young cadet who would eventually become a leader aboard the UNSC’s greatest vessel ever: the UNSC Infinity.
Digital content also included:
- Bonus in-fiction bonus content expanding the characters and stories of Halo 4: Forward Unto Dawn and their connections to Halo 4
- Special Featurette: Bringing Gaming into Reality
- Making of Halo 4: Forward Unto Dawn
Bonus digital content through Xbox LIVE:
- Unique in-game Spartan IV armor skin
Unique in-game weapon skin for the Assault Rifle
- An exclusive in-game emblem
- Xbox LIVE Avatar prop*
Xbox LIVE Avatar Spartan IV armor set
- The Limited Edition also contains the UNSC Infinity Briefing Packet which includes a Spartan armor customization schematic, an introduction to the massive ship UNSC Infinity, and insight into what it means to be one of humanity’s finest warriors: The Spartan IVs.
The content I am most excited for is the stuff relating to the story and also the making of, though I suspect some of that will be released on LIVE for free. What do you guys think, worth $40?