Humpday Bump: Weird Ass Half Life 2 Elevator Mod
Posted By: Dave Bast In: Console News, Gaming News, PC, Playstation 3, Xbox 360 On: 29 Feb
On Wednesdays I spend my time looking for a digital buffet of gaming goodies – I post them here on the Humpday Bump.
Today’s bump features a really weird mod for Half Life 2 called Elevator: Source. It’s like a haunted house ride only for nerds…
- Elevator: Source is the strangest mod I’ve seen for Half Life 2, more so than the always awkward and weird Gary’s Mod. There’s really no gameplay to speak of, except for looking at your watch. It’s more like a slide show, each time the door opens the players are presented with some form of Half Life 2 weirdness. It’s still more gameplay than Half Life 3, however.
- Blizzard Entertainment laid off 600 employees today, which some say is the result of diminishing WoW users, down to roughly 10 million from their 2010 peak of 12 million. Some say this is a sign of weakness by the once great MMO, others would like to remind you that 10 million users is still roughly the population of Belgium. – Source: Venture Beat
- Two people, Cary and Michael Huang, have managed to create a giant slide show for the relative size of, well, everything. Why would I post this on a game blog? Well, it’s interactive for one thing, which is cool, but somewhere in there the world of Minecraft is hidden. HINT: It’s larger than Earth.
- Stoic has released a teaser trailer for a game called The Banner Saga, and boy does it make me feel like a kid again. Actually, it looks so cool that I almost missed the fact that it is a turn-based strategy game!
- There’s a useful chart over at Dorkly which may help in diagnosing which stages of hype you will go through this year.
- And finally… Ever wonder how much an indy developer spends staying in business? Well Cipher Prime has created a nifty little chart revealing how they keep the lights on, literally. – Source: Joystiq
Tags: blizzard, Dorkly, Elevator Source, half Life 2 Mod, Hype, Stoic, The Banner Saga