I am exhausted, I just finished reading through the patch notes that EA and DICE have revealed about their upcoming patch for all platforms of BF3. Although the details regarding this patch are extensive, there is still more to come. EA has stated that more information will be exposed along with an ETA as soon as its ready. To see the details regarding this massive patch use this link below.
I could begin to explain some of the highlights, but just about everything aspect of the game is being adressed. This is what the BF community has been waiting for, the details adressed are in the best interest of the game. More importantly, this shows how aware DICE is of their own product, and what it needs to maintain its longevity. Most of these changes will breathe new life into an already thriving title.
With recent news of a Battlefield blackout due to issues between DICE and EA, this could be the deciding factor with how community issues and updates will be adressed in the future. With DICE wanting full community control back, and EA not willing to extend the reigns, we could have a few bumps in the BF road ahead. As long as the gamers keep supporting the right people, and expressing their concerns, DICE will remain the most dominant force and influence on such a great game like BF3. Please check out those patch notes, as they are pretty intense. I personally was happy to see changes like:
– Players now get up from Prone slightly faster, allowing better odds of getting away from a grenade or threat when prone.
– Increased the speed at which a player regains accuracy when aiming after moving for a more responsive experience. Firing before fully zoomed will still result in inaccurate fire.
– Unguided tank rounds and RPGs will now instantly destroy Jets, Attack Helicopters, and Scout Helicopters.
– Reduced the locking time for AA Missiles for Jets to make them more viable against air targets.
– The T90’s crosshair now more accurately represents the trajectory of the main gun.
– F2000: Reduced vertical recoil, increased zoomed accuracy slightly. As a bullpup, the F2000 has a bonus to accuracy on the move and from the hip while its high rate of fire sacrifices controllability for saturation. The previous changes were an overreaction, this is a corrective update.
Seriously thats the tip of the iceberg, just about everything is getting a once over. Sounds like what Halo needed 12 months ago!