Have you been to the Playstation Home space recently? No, didn’t think so and this update won’t likely change that, but it does add some new features worth noting. Last Thursday Sony released the latest update for their virtual world, version 1.55. It mostly consists of stability and efficiency updates, but I personally found that those issues are what kept me away from the space. after the break are all the new features.
- Improved the layout, design, color scheme and text of the start-up flow.
- The start-up flow will now display a variety of information depending on how recently you last visited PlayStation Home.
Wardrobe and Furniture Browser
- When you are browsing through a category of items in the wardrobe or furniture browser we now display the name of the object you have highlighted.
- There is an option in the Menu Pad under “Options > Settings > Personal > Clothing / Furniture Names” to change this behavior:
- Off: Switches the display of names off.
- Selected: Displays the name of the selected object only (default).
- All: Displays names for all objects.
- Whether it is a purchase, reward or part of the default inventory.
- Date of acquisition (if relevant).
- Added an option to manually clear the cache of data that Home creates on your HDD. This can sometimes resolve problems that you might be having. You can find it in the Menu Pad under “Options > Settings > Personal > Clear Cache”.
- There is an option to view “Help” from the carousel on the Menu Pad. This is only available to new users.
- There is an option to “Redecorate” on the carousel on the Menu Pad. This is only available when you are in your Personal Space or a Clubhouse that you own (i.e. somewhere that you can place furniture).
Loading Screen Tips
- Different loading screen tips are now shown depending on how many times you have visited PlayStation Home.