Tokyo Game Show, one of the largest video game expo’s in Japan, was held today. At 6:30 pm (their time) Microsoft took the stage and spoke of what surprises were in store in the near future. We here at IGX have compiled a list of some of the key information we have learned from this event:
– Japanese publishers were the fastest to recognize the sales potential of Xbox LIVE. EX: Marvel Vs. Capcom
– According to their data, five of the top six best-selling Xbox LIVE Arcade games published by their partners have come from Japan.
– Halo Reach generated a record-setting $200 million in day one sales, more than any game, any movie or entertainment launch in 2010.
– For the third month in a row, Xbox 360 is the #1 selling console in North America.
– Xbox 360 is currently the #1 selling console across Europe as well.
– 5 brand new creative partnerships between Japanese creators & Microsoft Game Studios to develop games exclusively
– Treasure studios is coming to Xbox 360
– Radiant Silvergun is coming to Xbox 360
– Futatsugi-san (developed Phantom Dust) is working on a Kinect title ‘ProjectDraco’
– Matsuura-san is talking about his new Kinect project, the game is called Haunt and it’s a horror game for Kinect
– Body and Brain Connection is coming to Kinect
– Steel Battalion Heavy Armor is coming to Kinect
Some pretty exciting stuff there. What are you guys most excited about? Lemme know!